Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Welcoming post

Click to enlarge


Welcome to my blog! I've been dithering for a while about how I wanted to start this up, which picture to use in my inaugural post, what I would say, etc. Finally I just decided to leap in and start posting, lest it never begin.

What you can expect here is a new photo every day, aka the PotD. I generally take wildlife and nature photos, but during the winter season when all the glorious flowers are gone, I also shoot urban landscapes and buildings.

I live in a northern suburb of Chicago, and I'm a member of the Chicago Botanic Garden. Expect to see lots of shots from there -- like this one. It's from Friday December 1st, the day we had our first snowstorm of the season. The angle is through a window hole in the English Walled Garden.

I also travel around to many other state parks in the area and elsewhere, plus I'm an early riser so I like to get sunrise pictures when I can. This month I intend to post photos I've taken all throughout the year, sort of a Best Of... retrospective so you can see what I've done. And maybe I'll even get around to explaining how a Midwestern photographer ended up with a website and blog called Kudzu Planet! Heh.

Thanks for stopping by. Come back every morning to see the new PotD!

No comments:

Post a Comment