Friday, February 23, 2007

Start 'em young!

Uh, that's not a camera, sweetie-pie!

My favorite part of this shot is that she's using a toy Viewfinder, not an actual camera. Still, I'll bet her shots came out better than mine that day! :)


I don't have a lot of experience shooting candids of strangers, but it is a skill I'd like to develop. I've started collecting a few shots in the People set at Flickr, and I think I might work on it more in March, while we're all still waiting for the flowers to bloom.

2 comments:

  1. Candids are one of the (very few!) areas of photography I feel like I could get interested in doing myself. Except there's the self-consciousness issue. I guess you'd get over it in time?

    (I really liked this one!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE candids of people; that's the main reason I want a better camera. I was sitting on the train this morning plotting ways to hide a camera so I could get pictures of people! (People on trains have the best expressions on their faces...)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete