Friday, June 01, 2007

The cicadas have arrived at my front door. Literally!

Cicada eco-skeleton

Oh, my, the 17-year cicadas are arriving! I thought I would have to go out to Morton Arboretum or one of my favorite state parks to get some good shots of them, but it turns out the little tree in front of my condo has been hiding them in its roots for years. My doormat is already littered with wings and eco-skeletons and molting cicadas! The tree and the bush in front of my neighbor's door is coated with them. I managed to get some good shots of the eco-skeletons (like this one), but I'm still shooting for a good image of a live cicada.

Now I feel all itchy.

4 comments:

  1. Blech....feeling all creepy crawly! Good picture tho!

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I was scratching at my legs all the way to work. I just KNEW one of them had gotten on me! (They hadn't, but that didn't stop my imagination...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. EWEWEWEWEWEW

    Jill
    all creeped out

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is just beautiful.. i used to play with these shells when i was a kid and just found one this year.. and yes, i carried it around with me.. trying to scare my fellow.. hehe.. i tried to photograph it, but this is just art..

    ReplyDelete