Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Reindog 23: The edible Reindog at Fredhots

Reindog 23: The edible Reindog at Fredhots

Today's dog is a little different, but if you know me, you know I had to include it. (Also, we went here for lunch immediately after the Reindog Parade. We had to!) This is the very tasty reindeer hotdog served up at Fredhots and Fries in Glenview. I especially love the cherry tomato nose!

Rudolph approves!

Fredhots is a great, GREAT hotdog stand. The food is delicious, and they have a wonderful sense of creativity and enthusiasm. Sure, you can get a traditional Chicago style hotdog, or an excellent Italian beef sandwich, but the thing I go back for are the specialty sausages. The reindeer one is his most famous, but throughout the year he may also have alligator, elk, duck, buffalo, you name it! My favorite is the Reuben dog. Served with sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and a fabulous spicy Thousand Island, the meat remarkably has the flavor and mouth-feel of corned beef.

And let's not forget the amazing frites and aiolis! Mmmmm. I never thought mayonnaise on French Fries could be so good. But it is!

Fredhots goes all out for the holidays

Plus, look at these guys. How can you not want to buy a hotdog from them? I ask you.

How could you not want to buy a hotdog from this man?

The man himself, Fred. Don't you recognize him from the logo? :)


Fredhots is located on 1707 Chestnut Avenue in Glenview, just off Waukegan Road. They're open 7 days a week (Sunday is just 12-3 so you can get your fix before the Bears games). Tell them Kristen said hello!

7 comments:

  1. Sure do love those Fredhots.
    We traveled over a thousand miles for our yummy treat !

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting. i will have to try this place. do you know how it compares to hot doug's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Dad! They are great, aren't they?

    Paul, I haven't been to Hot Doug's yet, but I've heard that the two are comparable. Obviously, I have a lot of fondness for Fredhots, so I am biased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well it's quite far, but i will have to try it! i would definitely recommend hot doug's, if you haven't been there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you have to try Fredhots! Kristen has me hooked on it. So worth the drive! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so as my mom and I are eating at Fredhot's (they loved mom by the way), who happens to walk in??? Your husband! Too funny, and mom loved the hot dog and fries! Way to go Kristen!!! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha! That's great. I have to send them this link when I get home -- I promised Fred I would.

    ReplyDelete