Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Kate!

My sister Kate's birthday is today. It's the last year she will be in her thirties. (Not to worry, Kate, next year's milestone will be great -- especially because then we can torture Mom about having TWO daughters in their forties! Heeheehee.)

My sister's pretty amazing, with a very full plate of activities: she's a mom to two awesome boys, a wife, a teacher, and has gone back to school for yet another degree. Oh, and has lost over sixty pounds and has taken up running in 5Ks. And lives near all the relatives so she attends all the family parties. And probably does a million other things she doesn't even think to talk about because they're just second nature to her. She's smart, committed, busy, loyal, stubborn, family-oriented, kind, and passionate.

But I like her best when she is silly. Nobody does silly like Kate.

DSC_3383

She danced with Elvis at Graceland!

DSC_3384

DSC_3386

DSC_3387 copy

Done now.
DSC_3388

HEEEEEEEE. See why she's so great? For the record, when we had our mud fight at the lake on vacation -- THIS YEAR -- I would like it known that she threw the first handful of mud. Mom, she started it!!!

And just so she doesn't feel bad for me plastering my blog with pictures of her being a dork, here's the photo I took this morning after I got back from my 5K run that I did in her honor:

DSC_3659

:) :) Happy Birthday, little sister!

2 comments:

  1. I think Kate is awesome too!

    Great blog!

    Chris Rapillo

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, you started the mud fight by shooting me with the water gun when I didn't have one!!!!

    Thank you so much- this blog post one of the best presents I have ever gotten!

    I love you!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete