Saturday, August 01, 2009

Porta-Bote

We're headed out for a week's vacation with my sister's family, where there will be much fishing, boating, hiking, and general silliness with my awesome nephews. Before I go, I wanted to show off my husband's fold-up boat that he got this year. It will be making the trip with us, of course; that's why we got it! I watched him put it together last month, and I have to admit, it's pretty darned cool.

The whole set is here on Flickr, but I'm posting some highlights on the blog.

Looking pretty insubstantial...
DSC_2759

Unfolding...
DSC_2760

More unfolding...
DSC_2761

The stick becomes the key to the set-up.
DSC_2764

Putting in the first seat
DSC_2769

Putting in the second seat (less gracefully than the first, LOL)
DSC_2777

Screwing in the stern board
DSC_2779

Voila! We have a boat!
DSC_2781

You can also attach wheels so you can roll it to the water, which I maintain are HUGELY DORKY and make it look like Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang.
DSC_2800

There is, of course, a waterproof floating holder for the iPhone. OF COURSE THERE IS.
DSC_2802

And we are on the water! With very bad rowing! (The trolling motor was added on the next trip. And Hubby claims to have improved his rowing technique now.)
DSC_2821

(Sure does look weird without the bow piece. Hubby will be adding it this week, although it's still kind of ugly with it.)
DSC_2844

Comes apart pretty fast too...
DSC_2852

That's all of it, including the fishing backpack
DSC_2857

Pretty cool, righ? It's called a Porta-Bote, and you can order them online. Tell 'em we sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment