Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Dyeing of the Chicago River

This was AWESOMELY weird and cool. I'm so glad we came down to see it.

Before. Notice how empty the path is along the river.
The Dye-ing of the Chicago River 1


The boat begins to drop the dye. It's a lot more crowded now!
The Dye-ing of the Chicago River 2


A few laps of the boat are completed.
The Dye-ing of the Chicago River 3


The dye is totally safe, supposedly. It starts off orange, which is strange, but once it hits the water and gets churned up by the boat's motor, it turns to bright green.
The Dye-ing of the Chicago River 4



Almost done. Notice how many more people are there watching now!
The Dye-ing of the Chicago River 5



The Dye-ing of the Chicago River 6



All done. The view from the Michigan Avenue bridge.

The Dye-ing of the Chicago River 7


Enjoy your St. Patrick's Day, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I am impressed! Excellent job with the shots! Green of course is my favorite color. Hope you had a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Andre and Paste! There were actually a few more I could have selected that would have helped tell the story, but I was still downtown and it was time to head out for dinner and to continue enjoying the weekend. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha, I don't remember that scene! I would like you to quote it to me one too.

    It was quite the sight -- and there were a few thousand people watching it with us!

    ReplyDelete