Friday, July 20, 2007

In the Monet Garden

My dad asked me yesterday where I had been taking all the pictures of the totems and art pieces I've been posting lately. I told him they all came from the Garfield Park Conservatory, which is actually a greenhouse garden, not an art gallery as you might have thought from the photos I've been posting. Garfield Park is located in Chicago, and is one of the largest conservatories in the country.

To prove it, today's photos will all be flowers, specifically from the Monet Garden, one of the few outdoor gardens of the conservatory. (Something else you may not have realized from the photos; it's mostly greenhouses!)

This is the Monet Garden. Gee, I wonder why it's called that? :)

Monet Garden

Black-eyed Susans, one of my favorite flowers of the summer.
Black-eyed Susans

Butterfly walking between two purple coneflowers (even nicer viewed in large size)
Butterly moving between purple coneflowers

Summer, summer, summer!
Summer, summer, summer!

I'll be making another trip to Garfield Park this weekend. So there will be more!

No comments:

Post a Comment