Sunday, July 08, 2007

The Police Concert at Wrigley Stadium

We attended The Police concert at Wrigley Stadium on Friday, July 6th. We paid a lot for tickets on the field -- the first and last time I will ever do so, mainly because there just isn't another band in the world I would want to see as badly as I wanted to see The Police reunited -- but they were worth every penny. It was an experience I will never forget.

As my husband noted, The Police are no longer the tightest band in the world, but I gotta tell you, it just didn't matter. They were together, and as ornery and individualistic and hot and weird and charismatic and fascinating as ever, and everyone just wallowed in the nostalgia and the moment. The crowd around us was in turns hilarious and annoying (the weird dancing couple! the Block of Wood!), and provided all of us with stories for years. I danced and laughed and sang along (wildly off-key) to my favorites, AND I didn't fall asleep once! Yay for me!

I'm kicking myself for not sucking it up and buying a tiny new camera in time that I would have snuck in my pocket like the dozens of people around me did. But I did get a few with my camera phone, three of which are worth posting. They're still not very *good*, but I like them.

Oh, um. None of them actually have any members of The Police in them. Heh.

The Stage During Roxanne
The Stage During Roxanne


Hand Upraised at the End of the Concert
Hand upraised at the end of the concert
(These are the guys behind us, who provided much of the entertainment of the night with their group-sing and group-swaying and general joy at being there. At the end of the night, one of the guys confessed to us, "Aside from my wedding, this was one of the greatest nights of my life! I've been singing to these songs since I was ten years old!" Hahahaha, me too, buddy. Me too.)



The Crowd Behind Us
The Crowd behind us


It was so, so, SO GREAT. I'm so glad we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment